A reprisal is any adverse act taken against you because you made a disclosure of wrongdoing or participated in an investigation. Reprisals can come in many forms, and may not always be obvious. Examples may include:
- Reassignment, demotion or disciplinary action
- Termination, discharge or dismissal
- Any measure that adversely affects your employment or your working conditions
- Passing over for projects or promotion
- Directly or indirectly threatening any of the above
Again, to constitute reprisal, the adverse act taken against you must be as a result of you making a protected disclosure or participating in an investigation.